Monday, October 22, 2012

The Big Question

 
 
 
 
 
 
Will you marry me?
 
 
These are the words that I heard on May 27, 2012. Three days before my graduation day one of my
bestfriends that moved to Texas to go into the military came and surprised me for my graduation.
The night of the twenty-seventh at eight at night a heard the door bell so when I went to go answer
and it was him my bestfriend that I haven't seen in months.


 It turns out that a few days before he came  to California he called my parents and asked for my hand in marriage and my parents said that he was crazy.I'm only 19 years of age and he is 22 and we were just to young to get married.


Although he is my bestfriend I know for sure that he is not the one for me. I never had to be put in an awkward situation like that before. I was thinking to my self as he pop the question, what in the HELL is this boy thinking, what made him think that I would want to marry him, and why on earth would he want to marry me?


I never knew he cared about me so much that he would want to marry me, I know that I never thought of him to be more then just a friend. I didn't know how to say NO, but I didn't have to say anything just the expression on my face gave it all away. I felt really bad because i broke his heart
but at the same time he wasn't the one for me. I never want to hear Will You Marry Me in a long time now those words haunt me, because I never want to be put in that awkward situation again. 
 
 
 
                                                                
 


4 comments:

  1. I say you made a good decision. Lifetime commitments are not worth it if your not 100% sure you want to do it. Getting married at the teens is BADDD! especially for society today. There are a lot of young adults with kids that can't raise them well because their brain is not even fully developed in white matter to make wise decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you are too young to get married and if you don't see yourself with him in the future or if you think he is not the one- don't marry him. Good Choice. Don't feel bad that you said no, it wouldn't have ended well if you said yes. You wouldn't want to be divorced in your early twenties and you have to think about your future.

    According to the Center for Law and Social Policy, "Compared to girls who marry later, teenage brides have less schooling, less independence,and less experience of life and work." Teen brides are also at more risk for being abused and living at poverty levels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...what a question to be asked at such a young age. I can see why he wanted to marry you. It is always a great note that you should marry your best friend. Well...only if you feel the same way. RIGHT?!? I know, my husband is still my best friend. We dated for 7 years before marrying. I took such a long time. He knew the first moment he saw me that I was going to be in his life for a long time. I wasn't so romantic like him. I was very focused on my education and my future. He asked me to marry him after the first year we dated; this was after a year we knew each other. So in two years, he was ready. BUT...I was NOT...I needed to accomplish my dreams first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...in saying all that...take your time sweet one. Everything will come in the right time. Enjoy phase of your young life. Keep dancing, smiling, and living to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete