Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dont Let Others Creat Who You Are


 

 

 

 
Creating Yourself
Self-Portrait
 
 

Today in class we were shown several pictures of images and had
to describe what we saw. The image that stood out to me was the
image of the man sitting on the ground drawing a picture of how
he should look like. I guess this picture stood out to me because
now days a lot of people have a hard time trying to figure out who
they are as a person and they always shape themselves by what
they see around them. In this picture the man’s hair is a bright red
which to me means that he wants to be different and stand out
but he still is unsure about the rest of him. As he sits on the
ground, to me that means that he is looking down at himself trying
to find a way to make him look perfect that’s why one part of his
leg is shaded in and the other part isn’t. also the man isn’t wearing
any shoes and I think that means that even though he is still trying
to figure himself out and thinks he is coming together as a person
he still doesn’t know how to support himself, that’s why he is not
wearing shoes, because if he had shoes his feet would be
supported and he would be able to support himself. The thing that
also stands out to me is the green pen; this symbolizes all the color
he is trying to add in his life. His life is so black and white that he
needs some excitement in his life. This is how I see it other people
could have a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment