Monday, November 5, 2012

Last Chance To Dance





 

   My senior year at Eastlake High School I was giving the opportunity to choreograph for Eastlake High schools dance show called Last Chance To Dance. I was able to pick the people I wanted to be in my dance and also the song I wanted to do.
 
   I spent about a total of two weeks choreographing and blocking the whole dance. I did it to WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN by RIHANNA, I don't know why i picked that song, I guess it was because it was one of those songs that when you turned one the radio you would just start singing it.

  The weeks leading up to last Chance To Dance I was under alot of stress, not sleeping or eating right which lead to me not being in the greatest mood. At the time I was also choreograhing my senior piece for my dance class.

   Trying to figure out what costumes to wear, who should wear what, and were to place people in the dance, it was alot of work!!!!!


  With all of that going on I was also in six other dances, and had to worry about what I was going to wear for those pieces. even though I was stressed I kinda liked being stressed out because I know that I'm doing something right.

  It was two days before the actual show and we had our dress rehearsal and was giving the line up of the show.... So as I looked at the line up I saw that three of the six dances I was in were back to back and the other three were apart by one dance, which meant that I only had about 25 to 30 seconds to run back stage get dressed in my costume and redo my hair, then to run back on stage again. THANK GOD it was only a dress rehearsal because I didn't make it in time. because I didn't make it I had to get dressed in the wings(the side of the stage) where it was completely dark, I couldn't even see what I was putting on. I had to have a few people help me get the right costume and to do my hair all in about 30seconds..... it was the biggest rush i ever had, but i loved it.

   Next thing I knew it was the day of the show I was finally feeling good and not stressed out, I was very happy until......... I got a call saying that one of my dancers for Where Have You Been was not able to perform due to an injury. I really thought I was going to die, it was 45mintins until the show and I still had to do my hair and make up which meant that I had only ten mins to re block(choreograph) a 4 mins.dance. at that point I was ready to just start crying I went into panic mode.

   But being the person im I took control and was able to finish on time. That night was the most stressful night of my life,but I would do anything to relive that night all over agian.

1 comment:

  1. I like the section towards the end where you said even though your experience to choreograph a dance for your high school was hectic and stressful you would do it all over again if you had a chance to. I can tell you have a lot of passion for dance and I'm glad you had the opportunity like such. This post made me think about my senior year in high school. As stressful as it was I would love to relive my senior year in high school again. Now that I'm in my second semester of college, I realized how fun my senior year really was. Have you given any though to explain how the dance went after one of the dancers became injured? That might help for readers to understand this blog post a lot better.

    ReplyDelete